- The name Dylan was ranked 26 in popularity for boys in the US in 2006.
- Dylan first hit the charts at 925 in 1966. It increased in popularity until it broke into the top 100 names at 83 in 1990. It jumped to 28 in 1992 and has hovered in the top 20-30 names since then. It looks like it will stick around, but won’t necessarily become more popular.
Reasons for Popularity
- It follows the trend of two-syllable boys’ names ending in “N.”
- It works well for parents avoiding nicknames.
- It follows the add-a-Y trend.
- The Irish meaning of Dylan is “loyal” or “faithful.”
Is your name Dylan or did you choose this name for your child? Leave a comment sharing the name’s significance for you.