- The name Hailey was ranked 25 in popularity for girls in the US in 2006.
- Hailey didn’t appear on the girls’ charts until 1982 when it ranked 893. It flew into popularity and broke into the top 10 at 93 in 1996. 2004 was its most popular year at 24. Although Hailey has never broke into the top 10, it has a tremendous amount of popular spelling variations that spread the statistics out a bit. Hailey is a definite fad name that will most likely eventually fade away.
Reasons for Popularity
- It follows the trend of girls’ names ending in “ley/ly/lie/lee/leigh/li.”
- It works well for parents avoiding nicknames.
- The English meaning of Hailey is “hay meadow.”
Is your name Hailey or did you choose this name for your child? Leave a comment sharing the name’s significance for you.