- The name Kayla was ranked 26 in popularity for girls in the US in 2006.
- Kayla first appeared on the charts in 1959 at 988. It increased slowly in popularity until it jumped from 581 in 1981 to 133 in 1982. It has remained popular ever since, with an alltime high of 11 in 1995 and 1996. It seems to be falling out of popularity and will probably remembered as a “fad” name.
Reasons for Popularity
- It follows the “K” trend.
- It follows the add-a-Y trend.
- It sounds distinctly feminine.
- The Arabic and Hebrew meaning of Kayla is “laurel” or “crown.”
Is your name Kayla or did you choose this name for your child? Leave a comment sharing the name’s significance for you.