- The name Aidan was ranked 44 in popularity for boys in the US in 2006.
- Aidan is quite the trend-setting name, first appearing on the charts in 1990 at 889 and increasingly in popularity astonishingly quickly. It broke into the top 100 in 2001 at 86. It reached an alltime high of 43 in 2005, but is now being overtaken by the spelling Aiden. It may never make the top 10 due to its popular spelling variations and the increasingly popularity of rhyming names, such as Jayden, Brayden and Caden.
Reasons for Popularity
- It follows the trend of boys’ names with two syllables ending in “n.”
- It works well for parents avoiding nicknames.
- The Irish meaning of Aidan is “fiery.”
Is your name Aidan or did you choose this name for your child? Leave a comment sharing the name’s significance for you.