- The name Avery was ranked 52 in popularity for girls in the US in 2006.
- Avery first appeared on the girls’ charts in 1989 at 975. It has quickly gained popularity and broke into the top 100 at 89 in 2003. This year’s rank of 52 is its highest and it will probably continue to rise in popularity.
Reasons for Popularity
- It follows the trend of boys’ names gone to the girls.
- It’s a masculine sounding name with the very feminine nickname of Ava.
- Avery is an English form of Aubrey.
Is your name Avery or did you choose this name for your child? Leave a comment sharing the name’s significance for you.